When business leaders look to build their career by furthering themselves and their skill set, coaching in Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is key to maximising development and the achievement of their goals and vision.
The client identified a ‘future leader’ within their organisation who they wanted to develop and progress. They asked us to work closely with this candidate and focus on:
- Leadership EQ competencies
- Effective team working skills
- An increase in self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and social interaction for themselves and their team
Our 6-month In-House Leadership Academy allows individuals to identify and develop a wide range of core leadership qualities, which are fundamental to becoming a successful leader.
This programme encourages the candidate to challenge the way they currently approach their work and supports a substantial improvement in self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management.
This development encourages a natural change in behaviour and approach to working with teams. We use a combination of training tools which include:
- Emotional & Social Competency Inventory (ESCI) 360 tool
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- An increase of 65% in the measured EQ competency areas after 6 months
- Increased team effectiveness that was repeatedly recognised by peers and managers
- The client over-delivered on stretch financial targets
- An increase in courage, optimism and stress-resilience resulting in an exemplary annual company appraisal
“The 1:1 coaching changed my life. Jenny helped me take a good look at who I was portraying myself as and who I genuinely was and wanted to be inside. We spent time trying to understand why other people perceive me differently. I couldn’t imagine or consider going through this process with anyone else that I’ve met in my life.”
– Global Category Director