We are so busy and we often don’t get time to do it as we are drowning in the task. However, the relationships at work are the very thing that makes or breaks our career.
Sarah Otten is a highly successful Senior Leader in the Biotech & Pharmaceutical Industry and I had the honor and pleasure to interview her in May 2020. During the interview, Sarah gave an honest & inspiring account of the challenges she’s overcome, the leader she’s become, and some excellent advice to help us all step into who we aspire to be.
Whether it’s influencing yourself or others at work – it is hard. It takes time, effort, and bravery.
Here are 12 tips on How to Influence at work:
- Do not ever discount the value of your network and friends
- We are a mix of the 5 people we spend our time with
- We all need people to hold us up
- We need people to ‘go to’ when we need advice
- Get a reliable network that they are trustworthy
- Choose people that have demonstrated through their character and competence that they are trustworthy
- If you are aspirational and do an awesome job, do it yourself
- You may not be where you want to be but remember you have got this far
- I always think, I was afraid of that and I did it!
- Train yourself to think ‘I can do it’
- There is always a time to start something new AND Redefine who you are
- Step into something and try things differently
*If you would like to see the rest of the series and other videos/content, please go to my website
If you’ve found this useful and you’d like to keep in touch with new videos please subscribe to my YouTube account
Copyright Feel Good Leadership 2020 ©