Fortitude | The Power of Emotional Resilience
Technique 3 – Get the endorphin effect
- Get some exercise – movement and physical activity, a brisk walk or movement
- A pleasurable thought or act – think of something pleasurable and you don’t even need to do it!
- A kind focus on yourself that creates a feeling of ease
- Take a rest – allow yourself to rest, a sit or a nap can trigger the 4 happy hormones
- Connect with nature – sitting outside can trigger the happy hormones
What are the benefits?
We relax, we feel positive and optimistic, we feel more able to handle challenges and we stand a greater chance of remaining connected and not falling back into isolation and separation
- What activity can could you try that will increase your happy hormones?