We are social animals and not meant to be on our own. We need to be accepted, to belong and to feel safe and in cooperation with other human beings
We are often in fight and flight and not in a cooperative state that can last for years which is not always a connected state and this can become the norm.
We can very easily be lonely even though we are surrounded with people as there is no time to care, be concerned or truly relate to people.
We often don’t invest in relationships as we are so busy investing our time on other things. When we are depleted, we become even less able to invest our energy in others and this can become a self-fulfilling prophecy.
What are the 2 things we can do to get re-connected with other people?
- Get accompanied – a group or one person that gives us a sense of being there and care. Social baseline theory shows us that we perform better, achieve more and enjoy ourselves much better when we are with others. We all need to feel safe with another human being. Just being with someone and sitting with someone is often enough.
- Do an activity with another person which gives you a sense of being accompanied
- Hold someone’s hand or just sit with them in their hour of need
- Get a sense of belonging – join a new belonging group, hang out with people that are like you. Re-kindle old relationships.
- What would you enjoy doing to get better connected with others?
If you’ve found this useful and you’d like to keep in touch with new videos please subscribe to my YouTube account
Copyright Feel Good Leadership 2020 ©