Work matters, it gives us a sense of belonging and identity. It gives us a sense of purpose, meaning and strength. When we become disconnected from work our whole life can fall apart.
When we have a strong purpose we feel excited and passionate about what we do and why we’re doing it
When we play to our strengths, we are at our best. We’re doing what we’re really good at. When we are connected to our work we often find we are doing things that we are really good at.
When we are doing things that mean something with others we have a great sense of connection and satisfaction
When we’re doing things that lack purpose, meaning and passion we become disconnected and we become unhappy. This impacts our well-being, performance and ability to be our best selves.
Do a mini review of your work:
Notice in yourself how connected you are to your work
- Purpose- Are you connected to a deeper sense of purpose in your work or are you working at a transactional and task level?
- Passion – Are you feeling passionate and engaged in your role?
- Meaning – Are you being true to your values and have a sense of meaning in what you do?
- Playing to your strengths – Are you doing the things you love, you’re good at and you enjoy doing so it much it doesn’t feel like work?
- Reflect upon your connection to your work and consider any reasons for disconnection
If you’ve found this useful and you’d like to keep in touch with new videos please subscribe to my YouTube account
Copyright Feel Good Leadership 2020 ©