Simple skills of connecting with another person
- Be present – give that person 100% of your attention (not thinking of what you’re going to have for tea or respond in your head to endless distractions). When you get distracted, re focus on the person
- Intently listen and look for signs – what is the person really saying, do not respond or interrupt
- Give the person space and time – Give the person adequate space to talk, think and make sense of the world for themselves without interrupting, solving or telling
- Get into a short high value conversation for 5 mins rather than 20 mins of distracted half-hearted attention
- Who needs your time, space and attention so they feel truly listened to?
If you’ve found this useful and you’d like to keep in touch with new videos please subscribe to my YouTube account
Copyright Feel Good Leadership 2020 ©